[ANNC] pynguin-0.11 python turtle graphics application
missive at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 10 22:39:53 EDT 2011
Pynguin is a python-based turtle graphics application.
It combines an editor, interactive interpreter, and
graphics display area.
It is meant to be an easy environment for introducing
some programming concepts to beginning programmers.
This release continues to expand basic functionality and
explores more user-friendly options in the interface.
Pynguin is tested with Python 2.7.1 and PyQt 4.8.3 and
will use Pygments syntax highlighting if available.
Pynguin is released under GPLv3.
Changes in pynguin-0.11:
- all settings now moved in to menus and settings dialogs
- added .label() method to have a label attached to a pynguin
- also accessible as .name attribute
- added .speed() method to change speed from user code
- viewcoords() now returns integers by default
- pass floats=True to get the float values instead
- added .track() and .notrack() methods for user code
- added support for custom avatars
- both svg and bitmap images supported
- fixed motion when drawing slow circles with pen up
- don't draw circles when pen is up and speed is instant
- expand canvas when resizing window
- added "Test / Run all" button
- improved handling of external .py files
- now gives correct call syntax when using test/run on classes
- make examples use new viewcoords() API
- fixed multi.pyn scatter example
- make multi.pyn follow examples work with existing pynguins
- demonstrate labels in multi.pyn follow example
- fix penup() in oo.pyn ZZ example
- add centered circle in oo.pyn ZZ example
- fixed examples getting gzipped in .deb distribution file
- added a way to dump contents of .pyn from command line
More information about the Python-list