Processing a large string

goldtech goldtech at worldpost.com
Thu Aug 11 22:03:36 EDT 2011

Hi,

Say I have a very big string with a pattern like:

akakksssk3dhdhdhdbddb3dkdkdkddk3dmdmdmd3dkdkdkdk3asnsn.....

I want to split the sting into separate parts on the "3" and process
each part separately. I might run into memory limitations if I use
"split" and get a big array(?)  I wondered if there's a way I could
read (stream?) the string from start to finish and read what's
delimited by the "3" into a variable, process the smaller string
variable then append/build a new string with the processed data?

Would I loop it and read it char by char till a "3"...? Or?

Thanks.