os.system() on Windows in Tkinter app spawns console window

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Fri Aug 12 22:49:32 EDT 2011

I'm developing a Tkinter app for a Windows customer, and the app bundles
several command-line tools (ported from Unix). I call out to these
console tools from the Tkinter app via os.system(). However, in the
frozen version of my app, when I call out to these tools, I get multiple
console windows popping up. This is jarring to say the least. Is there
any way to run the commands under the hood without the console/DOS
windows popping up?

--Kevin
--
Kevin Walzer