allow line break at operators

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 22:18:29 EDT 2011

On Aug 12, 4:06 pm, Seebs <usenet-nos... at seebs.net> wrote:
> On 2011-08-12, Chris Angelico <ros... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Why is left-to-right inherently more logical than
> > multiplication-before-addition?
>
> I'd say it's certainly "more Pythonic in a vacuum".
> Multiplication-before-addition, and all the related rules, require
> you to know a lot of special rules which are not visible in the
> code, and many of which have no real logical basis.  Left-to-right
> is, if nothing else, the way the majority of us read.
>
> The problem is that since everyone's used precedence before, not using
> it violates the principle of least astonishment.

And repeatedly propagating a foolish consistency is well, FOOLISH!

This problem invades every aspect of technology. Who was the idiot
that decided it was okay to close SOME html tag and NOT close others?
Since HTML is made to be read by machines why the hell would someone
knowingly induce disorder? Which then leads to needing more logic to
parse?

But even more insane is why HTML has been allowed to be so disorderly
for so long. Where is the need to be consistent? I tell you how to
solve this, you solve it with plagues. Plagues of syntax errors will
teach the unrighteous the err of their ways.