allow line break at operators

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 04:34:26 EDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 8:10 AM, Steven D'Aprano
> Do you get worried by books if the last page doesn't include the phrase "The
> End"? These days, many movies include an extra clip following the credits.
> When the clip finishes, and the screen goes dark, how long do you sit
> waiting before you accept that the movie is over?
>
> *wink*

You wait for the house lights to come up. That's your ending signal.
As is often said in live theatre: "House lights, warmers, thank you
gentlemen, going off cans!" It still has an end marker.

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Seebs <usenet-nospam at seebs.net> wrote:
> I actually really *like* that Ruby and Lua let pretty much everything just
> be an expression.  I was utterly dumbfounded when I found out that "print"
> in Python is a kind of statement, not a function or something comparable.
> (This seems to have changed recentlyish.)

Yes. Not everything's an expression; a block of code is not an
expression that returns a code object, and variable assignment is a
statement. Some day, I'd like to play around with a language where
everything's an expression and yet it doesn't look like LISP - just
for the fun of it. It probably won't be any more useful for real world
coding, but it'd be fun to tinker with.

ChrisA