allow line break at operators

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 07:59:55 EDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> The house lights need to be controlled by someone who knows when the
> movie's end signal should be sent. What is our ending signal if we're
> watching it from media in our home, and no-one in the house knows when
> the movie ends?

If you're watching it from your own media, you'll come to the end of
the file/DVD/whatever and VLC will know. End-of-file is a well-known
condition with well-defined semantics. :)

And in the theatre, there's a definition of the end based on the
origin of the material (the stage manager's script/music score, or
something). Yep, there's always an end marker somewhere.

But we are now hopelessly off topic, I think!

ChrisA