Ten rules to becoming a Python community member.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 11:06:12 EDT 2011

On Aug 16, 2:07 am, alex23 <wuwe... at gmail.com> wrote:

> All the way down indeed. Can you pick who said these?

Obviously your grep skills are superb however you need to brush up on
those reading and comprehension skills a bit.

> "There are noobs watching and we to provide code that can be used to
> teach!"

Yes i said this, however the use of "used to" is proper here. -1

> "And just what *point* an i supposed to be "getting" Stephen?"

Yes i said this, and it "may" seem that you have me on this one
however i believe that Stephen had said something like """you are
"supposed to" blah, blah""" and i retorted with """oh, and just what
*point* am i "supposed to" blah blah blah"""... although i DID forget
to quote "supposed to", still it's a -1.

> "An end user should NEVER EVER have to write glue code so their
> "abstraction of choice" can be used to to script an API."

Yes i said this, however AGAIN the use of "used to" is proper here.
-1.

sorry alex, better luck next time :(. Follows is some homework i have
prepared for you so that you can understand the proper and improper
usage of "used to".

Incorrect past tense usage of "used to":
 """ I "used to" wear wooden shoes """

Incorrect description using "used to":
 """ I have become "used to" wearing wooden shoes """

Correct usage of "used to":
 """ Wooden shoes can be "used to" torture someone """

For our next assignment we'll be learning about the exploits of Jack
and Jill.

> (For bonus points: can you also spot who is bored at work today?)

Trolling doesn't count as "work" unless you're being paid for it,
however some people might consider you a pro by now!

PS: Does anyone notice how Stephen has fallen off the face the earth?
Where is Stephen i wonder? He was such a vocal nuisance and then he
just disappeared. It seemed like he appeared as strangely as he
disappeared. Well, he's probably where most sock puppets go when they
have no further usage.