Anyone here can do a comparation between Djang and RoR

Seebs usenet-nospam at seebs.net
Tue Aug 16 13:11:37 EDT 2011

On 2011-08-16, smith jack <thinke365 at gmail.com> wrote:
> what is the advantage of Django over RoR:)

This question is pretty much... I mean, you're not gonna get useful
answers.  They're based on such different languages that I think any
comparison past that is likely going to be uninteresting to a programmer,
and I'm not sure any non-programmers are going to use either.

I will say, the things I most value in Rails are pretty much contrary
to conventional Python design philosophy.  Python's stress on explicit
over implicit is probably in contradiction with the Rails philosophy of
convention over configuration.

So for instance, if all you want of a class that maps to a database table
in Rails is that it map the fields in the database, the class body is
empty because that's the default.  If you want to tell it that the database
column foo_id represents the id of the foo object with which this record
is associated, and you want to call that <item>.foo, you write:
	belongs_to :foo
and the rest is all implicit.

This is really handy sometimes, but it's not very Pythonic...

Mostly, I think you'd probably be better off asking in a completely
different kind of forum, but even then, you're going to get mostly language
advocacy.

-s
--
Copyright 2011, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam at seebs.net