List spam

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Aug 18 14:28:48 EDT 2011

On Thursday, August 18, 2011 02:26:24 PM Peter Pearson did opine:

> On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:15:59 -0400, gene heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com>
> wrote: [snip]
>
> > What is wrong with the mailing list only approach?
>
> In the mailing-list approach, how do I search for prior discussions
> on a subject?  (I'm not particularly opposed to the mailing list,
> I'm just an NNTP follower worried about the uncertainties of change.)

If the message still exists in your local email corpus, kmail for one has
no problems searching it.  However, since my corpus is close to 10gigs
because my inbox and one list are not expired, the rest of them are expired
on a selectable schedule that only saves the last 2000 or so msgs.

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Hoare's Law of Large Problems:
	Inside every large problem is a small problem struggling to get
out.