List spam

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Aug 18 18:26:54 EDT 2011

gene heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> writes:

> Short answer is to disconnect the the NNTP link and make this list
> into a REAL mailing list. Subscribers only, or get past a GOOD
> captcha.

Many of the more valuable contributors post via NNTP, which does not
require mailing list subscription nor CAPTCHA.

One of the compelling features of this forum is that newcomers to Python
can post here without the hurdles you're describing.

--
 \           “We spend the first twelve months of our children's lives |
  `\          teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve years |