Stop quoting spam [was Re: Hot Girls ...]

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Fri Aug 19 17:35:32 EDT 2011

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 17:12:40 -0400
Matty Sarro <msarro at gmail.com> wrote:
> It was a joke, no need to be a prick about it.

It was spam.  You're the prick.  If you think spam is funny it's
because you aren't the one that has to spend your time dealing with the
fallout.

> If you're that offended then spend the cycles fixing the damn list so it

Most of us have fixed it.  We didn't see the spam until you repeated
it.  For whatever reason the original message was caught by our
filters.  You helped the spammer break through.  I can assure you
though that your attitude means that you won't be able to help them
again.  I can hear the plonking going on all over the net.  Here's
another one;

*plonk*

No point in replying.  I won't hear it.  Hope you don't have any
important questions for the group.  It just became more of a read-only
list for you.

> If php, red hat, and perl can manage it for their lists, why not python? Is
> that a statement about python programmers?

And that should get you blacklisted by anyone on the cusp.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves