Python Windows Extensions for Mac

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 03:30:07 EDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 6:38 AM, Johnny Venter <johnny.venter at zoho.com> wrote:
> Yes, I want to make my queries from a remote non-Windows computer. Here is the scenario:
>
> From my mac, I want to use python to access and read objects from a remote  Windows computer joined to a Windows 2003 functional level domain. Given this, what is the best way to accomplish this?

Then the "use Python" part is relatively immaterial; what you need to
know is: What network protocol are you using to "access and read
objects"? Start by researching that; once you know the details (is it
even TCP/IP-based?), you can look into whether Python has facilities
for speaking that protocol.

ChrisA