Thoughts about documentation for non-python resource files

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Mon Aug 22 19:47:04 EDT 2011

I'm looking for comments and/or URLs to discussions on this topic.

I use my own MVC system. A component of this system generates
documentation from python docstrings. Of course this system also
comprises many non-python filetypes : css, html, txt, js, xml etc.
Views, which are txt or html files can be handled by my system's
built-in relationships between controllers and views.

For other non-python files which are not found directly to
controllers, css, js, html, xml all support comments and
documentation can be (and is) build into the comments.

Before I proceded and 'roll my own' protocol for generating
documentations for these above-mention filetypes, I'd like to know
if there is any such protocols being used already.

Example : A pythonic way to generate documentations on a javascript
file as well as its functions, objects etc.

Any comments welcome.

thanks
--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web dot com or akwebsoft dot com