Checking Signature of Function Parameter

Nobody nobody at nowhere.com
Mon Aug 29 02:30:37 EDT 2011

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 14:20:11 -0700, Travis Parks wrote:

> More importantly, I want to make sure that
> predicate is callable, accepting a thing, returning a bool.

The "callable" part is do-able, the rest isn't.

The predicate may accept an arbitrary set of arguments via the "*args"
and/or "**kwargs" syntax, and pass these on to some other function.
Exactly *which* function may be the result of an arbitrarily complex
expression. Or it may not even call another function, but just use the
arbitrary set of arguments in an arbitrarily complex manner.

IOW, determining in advance what will or won't work is actually impossible.