Get reference to parent class from subclass?

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Tue Aug 30 17:26:24 EDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: python-list-bounces+ramit.prasad=jpmorgan.com at python.org [mailto:python-list-bounces+ramit.prasad=jpmorgan.com at python.org] On Behalf Of John O'Hagan
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2011 11:00 PM
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Get reference to parent class from subclass?

class P():
    pass

class C(P):
    pass

Can I get P from C?

IOW, can I get a reference to the object P from the object C? This should be obvious one way or the other, but I haven't been able to find the answer.

Regards,

John
--

You should be able to access what you need via the super() built-in. I am not entirely sure what you are trying to do...but I think usage of super is probably better than trying to access the base classes manually.

Ramit

712 Main Street | Houston, TX 77002
work phone: 713 - 216 - 5423