Unit test failing please help

Tim Wintle tim.wintle at teamrubber.com
Fri Aug 26 11:52:43 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 08:35 -0700, lblake wrote:
> Hi I am new to python I am at bit lost as to why my unit test is
> failing below is the code and the unit test:
>
> class Centipede(object):
>     legs, stomach

This doesn't do what you think it does.

"legs, stomach" is a statement and is not defining any variables at all.

Presumably you've also got variables named legs and stomach in the
module's scope - as I'd expect to see a NameError : name 'legs' is not
defined.

(I'd also expect a SyntaxError from having an empty __init__ function
body)

You probably want do write something like this:

class Centipede(object):
    def __init__(self):
        self.legs = []
        self.stomach = []