platform issues?

Adrian Powell adrianp at bringtechnology.com
Thu Dec 1 15:35:17 EST 2011

The curl & dig ideas were great, thanks. Turns out the machine's network was badly configured and that's probably what was causing this problem. Curiously firefox could browse these sites without any problem despite not having any proxy defined and it took the command line to reveal the issue.

Thank you for your help, this had been bugging us for days!

Adrian.