python 2.5 and ast

88888 Dihedral dihedral88888 at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 2 13:28:10 EST 2011

On Monday, November 28, 2011 7:45:57 PM UTC+8, Andrea Crotti wrote:
> I'm happily using the ast module to analyze some code,
> but my scripts need also to run unfortunately on python 2.5
>
> The _ast was there already, but the ast helpers not yet.
> Is it ok if I just copy over the source from the ast helpers in my code base
> or is there a smarter way?
> (I don't even need all of them, just "parse" and NodeVisitor at the moment)

Sounds like a hash for nodes and a hash for a tree.
A hash can replace a tree of finite number of nodes.
An array or list is enough to replace a tree of finite number of nodes.

The heap sort ordering is simple but illustrative .

After all the tasks  of the tree are done, the hash of the tree
will be deleted by Python's garbage collection mechanism.

A hash can replace an indexed array with (k,v) pairs for k=0,1,2,3...n in
a trivial way.