Python 2 or 3

Gnarlodious gnarlodious at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 23:10:24 EST 2011

If you are writing your own scripts, I would recommend Py3 for learning. But if you are studying existing scripts to learn, Py2 might be better.

I have been doing Python for about 2 years and started learning Py3 with no regrets. Py2 is not going to be "obsolete" for quite a while. It is almost all the same as Py3, just a few updates mostly of concern to those who maintain existing code. And actually, Python has been incrementally improved upon all along, just that Py3 was the cutoff point for stuff that HAD to change.

-- Gnarlie