order independent hash?

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 15:13:01 EST 2011

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 11:06 AM, 88888 Dihedral
<dihedral88888 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> If you want to talk about ways to use dicts, please start a different
>> thread for it.  As has been pointed out several times now, it is
>> off-topic for this thread, which is about hash *functions*.
>
> A hash that can hash objects is not a hash function at all.

Please explain what you think a hash function is, then.  Per
Wikipedia, "A hash function is any algorithm or subroutine that maps
large data sets to smaller data sets, called keys."

> Are you miss-leading the power of true OOP ?

I have no idea what you are suggesting.  I was not talking about OOP at all.