Python 2 or 3

Zaphod zaphod at beeblebrox.net
Sun Dec 4 15:18:40 EST 2011

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 05:54:19 +0200, Antti J Ylikoski wrote:

> I'm in the process of learning Python.  I already can code
> objet-oriented programs with the language.  I have in my hands the
> O'Reilly book by Mark Lutz, Programming Python, in two versions: the 2nd
> Edition, which covers Python 2, and the 4th edition, which covers Python
> 3.

It doesn't matter that much which one you learn.  The differences aren't
that big between the two.  You could easily use the 2nd edition but use
python 3 and the biggest difference you will find is between print
"stuff" vs print("stuff").  In fact, doing it this way will make you a
better programmer.

> Cheers, Antti "Andy" Ylikoski
> Helsinki, Finland, the EU

ps: I quite like your Finnish "Dudesons" program.  They remind me of some
of the rednecks I grew up with here on Vancouver Island (British
Columbia, Canada)