Questions about LISP and Python.

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 08:13:09 EST 2011

On Dec 5, 11:10 pm, Chris Angelico <ros... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 3:36 PM, Xah Lee <xah... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > i don't like python, and i prefer emacs lisp. The primary reason is
> > that python is not functional, especially with python 3. The python
> > community is full of fanatics with their drivels. In that respect,
> > it's not unlike Common Lisp community and Scheme lisp community.
>
> So you hate Python. Fine. Why post here? Why not just abandon Python
> as a dead loss and go code in Lithp?
>
> Clearly something is keeping you here. Is it that there's something
> about Python that you really like, or are you just trolling?

I would say Mr. Lee does in fact find some usefulness of Python (as do
i) HOWEVER he also laments the asinities that plague the language, the
documentation, and especially, this community.

Anyone who would take the time to write *articulate* suggestions for
grave deficiencies in the Python documentation must care. Mr. Lee, has
documented many of the atrocities of the doc in his fine website. I
just recently finished reading a few more of his fine suggestions and
I especially enjoyed the "os.path.split" rant. PRICELESS!

Listen, python is a great language, but not a perfect one. You people
seem to get all upset at even the slightest suggestion that Python is
not perfect. The haughty arrogance i see day after day around me just
makes me sick. Grow up! You are not perfect and neither is Python...
or Guido for that matter.

This community is chalk full (from top to bottom!) of arrogant, tech
geeking, unix hacks who look down on the "outsiders" as excrement. I
believe it's high time for these folks to eat a big slice of humble
pie -- i just fear there is not enough to go around! O_O