Multiprocessing bug, is my editor (SciTE) impeding my progress?

Matt Joiner anacrolix at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 19:26:54 EST 2011

John I'm in a similar position. I've been using Geany for 2+ years and
haven't found anything to replace it.
Either the replacement tool makes it too difficult to work with Python
correctly, or I spend more time trying to understand it, rather than
getting the job done.
I also use vim on occasion when GUI isn't an option.

I seem to do okay, so I'm not sure you're at any disadvantage. A stand
alone graphical debugger would be handy tho...

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM, John Ladasky <ladasky at my-deja.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Marco.
>
> I've noticed that the matplotlib reference manual recommends ipython.
> I haven't been clear what its advantages are, but if interacting with
> multiprocessing correctly is one of them, I'll try it.
>
> If ipython does everything that IDLE does and more, why is IDLE still
> shipped with Python anyway?
>
> I'll follow up on your IDE recommendations too after trying ipython.
> --

ಠ_ಠ