subprocess.Popen under windows 7

Frank van den Boom frank at am-knie.de
Fri Dec 9 04:47:14 EST 2011

Thank you very much.

Now I have written a little c++ programm which produces some ouput.

And now it works fine.
There is something wrong with 7zip.exe and the arglist with *.
Tonight I will go on and hunt the error.

It should be Python 2.7

#!/usr/bin/env python

PATH_TO_EXE  = "C:/Users/yoicks/Desktop/ausgabe.exe"

import os, shutil, sys, subprocess, traceback

try:
     # win32
     from msvcrt import getch
except ImportError:
     # unix
     def getch():
         import sys, tty, termios
         fd = sys.stdin.fileno()
         old = termios.tcgetattr(fd)
         try:
             tty.setraw(fd)
             return sys.stdin.read(1)
         finally:
             termios.tcsetattr(fd, termios.TCSADRAIN, old)

def press_any_key():
     print "Press any key to continue."
     getch()

def exit_with_string(exit_string):
     print exit_string
     press_any_key()
     sys.exit(exit_string)

def start_exe (PATH_TO_EXE):
     try:
         arglist = [PATH_TO_EXE]
         print ("try running cmd:\n %s\n" % (' '.join(arglist)))
         sp = subprocess.Popen(args=arglist, stdout=subprocess.PIPE,
                               stderr=subprocess.PIPE, shell=True)

     except:
         print "Error while running subprocess.\n"
         print "Traceback:\n%s"%traceback.format_exc()
         return False

     output, error = sp.communicate()

     if output:
         print output