Multiprocessing bug, is information ever omitted from a traceback?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Dec 10 18:57:00 EST 2011

On 12/10/2011 2:02 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:

> There's a few differences between 2.6 and 2.7; not usually enough to
> be concerned about in daily use, but when dealing with weird issues,
> it helps to have the latest release.

There are 2 issues. First, 2.7.2 has perhaps a couple hundred bug fixes
since 2.7.0/2.6.6 were released. So it is possible that this particular
problem was fixed, or at least changed. Second (leaving security issues
aside), a Py2 bug fix will only be applied to the post-2.7.2 tip and
only after the bug has been demonstrated to exist in the post-2.7.2 tip.

About the request for minimal code exhibiting the problem: each bug
exposes a hole in the test suite. We try to add a new test case with
each bug fix so fixed bugs stay fixed. So code examples not only show
that the bug is in the latest version, but also serve as the basis for
new tests.

--
Terry Jan Reedy