file data => array(s)

Eric einazaki668 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 18:25:25 EST 2011

On Dec 14, 4:59 pm, Dave Angel <d... at davea.name> wrote:

> Note that your code won't work (and mine probably won't either) if one
> of the lines has 3 or 5 items.  Or if one of the numbers isn't legal
> format for a float.  So you need to think about error checking, or
> decide whether a partial result is important.
>
> --
>
> DaveA

Haven't tried your suggestion yet, I just wanted to comment on this
last part real quick.  I have the same concern, my plan is to wrap all
that stuff up in a "try:" construct.  In such cases the program only
has to kick out a simple, sensible (for non-programmers) error message
and quit.

BTW, I didn't say it originally, but this is for 2.7 and hopefully
it'll be easy to carry over to 3.2.

Thanks,
eric