Ann: OpenOpt and FuncDesigner 0.37

dmitrey dmitrey15 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 11:45:31 EST 2011

Hi all,
I'm glad to inform you about new release 0.37 (2011-Dec-15) of our
free software:

OpenOpt (numerical optimization):

    IPOPT initialization time gap (time till first iteration) for
FuncDesigner models has been decreased
    Some improvements and bugfixes for interalg, especially for
"search all SNLE solutions" mode (Systems of Non Linear Equations)
    Eigenvalue problems (EIG) (in both OpenOpt and FuncDesigner)
    Equality constraints for GLP (global) solver de
    Some changes for goldenSection ftol stop criterion
    GUI func "manage" - now button "Enough" works in Python3, but "Run/
Pause" not yet (probably something with threading and it will be fixed
in Python instead)

FuncDesigner:
    Major sparse Automatic differentiation improvements for badly-
vectorized or unvectorized problems with lots of constraints (except
of box bounds); some problems now work many times or orders faster (of
course not faster than vectorized problems with insufficient number of
variable arrays). It is recommended to retest your large-scale
problems with useSparse = 'auto' | True| False

    Two new methods for splines to check their quality: plot and
residual
    Solving ODE dy/dt = f(t) with specifiable accuracy by interalg
    Speedup for solving 1-dimensional IP by  interalg

SpaceFuncs and DerApproximator:

    Some code cleanup

You may trace OpenOpt development information in our recently created
entries in Twitter and Facebook, see http://openopt.org for details.

For more information visit http://openopt.org

Regards, D.