Learning Python 2.4

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 14:47:29 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 11:31 AM, kimma <kimma77 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am about to learn python with "how to think like a computer scientist".
> This book is just available for python 2.4. Does it matter for programming?
>
> Greetz

Python 2.4 is pretty old at this point.  A lot has been added to the
language since then, and Python 3 introduced a number of large,
backward-incompatible changes.  I don't have any specific book
recommendations, but you should look for a book written for Python 3
if possible, since that is the future of Python.  If not, then look
for something that at least targets Python 2.6, which I would expect
to include sections about coding with an eye toward Python 3
compatibility.

Cheers,
Ian