Elementwise -//- first release -//- Element-wise (vectorized) function, method and operator support for iterables in python.

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue Dec 20 16:00:49 EST 2011

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 15:45:07 -0500, Nathan Rice wrote:

> If you take a moment and examine the version number, you will notice
> that it is a date code.

Not any date code I'm familiar with. 0.111220 doesn't look anything like
a date to me.

Possibly if the last release was two thousand years ago. I'd rather stick
to actively maintained software, if it's all the same with you.

> In my opinion that is far more informative than
> an arbitrary number.  I use the major version number to signify... Wait
> for it... Major changes :)

Well, that's one opinion. Another opinion is that nobody cares what
specific day you release a new version, and that versions 0.191231 and
0.200101 probably aren't that big a difference.

--
Steven