Pythonification of the asterisk-based collection packing/unpacking syntax

Joshua Landau joshua.landau.ws at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 17:16:30 EST 2011

On 20 December 2011 20:51, Steven D'Aprano <
steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:

> Languages shouldn't depend on advanced editor
> features or special keyboards -- that way leads to ColorForth and APL.

True, but dependency on a tool is not the same as being crafted to work
best on the tool that 99.9% of programmers use. It's not like it's an ide-*only
*feature we were discussing. It's just an observation that this feature*
works well with syntax highlighting. *That's a good thing.*
*
*
*What feature are we discussing anyway? I can't remember... Oh! It's
actually that "vargs" will be a highlighted keyword! Well, someone using ed
will obviously have to stop using python on the basis that "vargs" isn't
highlighted, then, which makes it a bad idea. *No*, what makes it a bad
idea is the concept itself. As I've said, the 1/10,000 using ed have bigger
problems.