Python education survey

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 13:11:48 EST 2011

On Dec 27, 11:50 am, Lie Ryan <lie.1... at gmail.com> wrote:
> In case you haven't realised it, it is pretty
> much impossible for a large open source project to "die"; even if Guido
> decided to remove IDLE from the standard library

I don't remember stating that Python would die if IDLE was removed
(not sure if you misunderstood me or you're just making a general
statement???). My belief is that the atrocious state of IDLE and
Tkinter's code bases are making us look bad as a community. And i can
go either way on the issue; remove them both, or enrich them both.
Either way we improve on the current situation.  My point is that we
CANNOT just ignore the issue.