Which libraries for Python 2.5.2

W. eWatson wolftracks at invalid.com
Tue Dec 27 20:21:26 EST 2011

On 12/27/2011 2:58 PM, Ian Kelly wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 2:35 PM, W. eWatson<wolftracks at invalid.com>  wrote:
>> I replaced numpy and matplotlib, and added scipy. I still get errors, but
>> perhaps because the install order is now wrong. It was
>> numpy
>> matplotlib
>>
>> Does anyone know the right order?
>
> The order (numpy, scipy, matplotlib) reflects the dependencies, but
> since the installers are just fancied-up self-extracting zips, I don't
> think it should matter.
>
>> OK, I installed it. Is there an easy way to go to track down this dll.
>> There's a Help, but I can't print it from the PC I have it on.
>
> It should be reasonably self-explanatory, I think.  Just start
> Dependency Walker, open up the _path.pyd file, and it will show you
> the full dependency tree.  Below that is a list of all the modules,
> and any missing dependencies should helpfully show up right at the top
> of the list.
>
> Note that missing delay-load dependencies (those with an hourglass
> icon) are not necessarily problems.  Since the error occurs at
> load-time, you're looking for a missing module that would be loaded
> immediately.
I was too timid. When I saw File->Open, I thought I was going to have to
open a file, thinking what file could it be?

Well, it found several problems. These DLLs
MSVCP1
EFSADU
MSJAVA.

There may be 100 file.

Issues found:
required dependency not found
delay-dependency not found
one nodule unresolved ... missing delay-dependency module

Perhaps the next step is to download a fresh version of matplotlib?