Python education survey

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed Dec 28 01:59:15 EST 2011

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 18:42:05 -0800, Rick Johnson wrote:

> On Dec 27, 8:21 pm, Tim Chase <python.l... at tim.thechases.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm glad you're open to learning more about English as "used to" is
>> perfectly acceptable according to the World English Dictionary[1] [...]
>> May you be found better for learning and come to give others the
>> benefit of the doubt.
>
> I don't care what ANY dictionary says. Much less a "world" dictionary. I
> don't validate or invalidate a word based on some phony baloney group of
> pseudo intellectuals who decided one to day that writing a dictionary
> "might be cool". I am against these words and phrases because we already
> have words that work just fine. Why rock the boat?

Why do you say "rock" when the word "shake" is just as good?

Why do you say "boat" when we already have "ship"?

Why do you say "pseudo intellectuals" when you could say "fake
intellectuals"?

Why do I waste my time reading your pretentious self-important nonsense?

[...]
> This is group has the most dumbest smart people i have ever met!

Considering I keep expecting you to stop trolling, I admit this applies
to me.

--
Steven