Good notation for showing MVC interactions (i.e. Django)

Alec Taylor alec.taylor6 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 11:07:17 EST 2011

An example of a BPMN2 diagram with swimlanes, which I created for a
project: http://i40.tinypic.com/262r6nr.jpg

What I am looking for is something suited towards showing architecture
bounds and the interactions between each section of MVC.

> I find that when thinking something through at the whiteboard with
> another developer, the most common diagram I'll use is a UML sequence
> diagram.  I drew one on the wall just yesterday.  Here's one
> (http://www.panix.com/~roy/SongzaSessionHandoff.pdf) I did up a bit
> fancier a while ago while working through a gnarly design problem.

That's a good notation, and one which I will use for RESTful API modelling.

I sometimes use use-case diagrams and quite rarely also use class
diagrams and ER Diagrams.

I use BPMN2 to show logic to both technical and non-technical team-members.