Looking for Remote Python Project

Subhabrata subhabangalore at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 10:36:38 EST 2011

On Feb 1, 8:45 am, Alan Meyer <amey... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 01/29/2011 04:19 PM,joy99wrote:
>
> > Dear Room,
>
> > I am a Python Programmer from India(New Delhi Region), and I worked
> > for quite a long time in Bangalore. I have been working in Python for
> > the last 4 years or so. I have successfully built around 15 projects
> > in Python. I am looking for some remote Python Projects, which can be
> > done from home.
>
> > If any one knows of anything, I may be helpful enough.
>
> > Best Regards,
> > Subhabrata.
>
> Subharata,
>
> Would you be willing to tell us what a programmer with your level of
> experience typically charges per hour for his services?
>
> I'm not in a position to hire anyone, I'm just a programmer myself.  But
> I'm curious about rates in India vs. the U.S., where I live and work.
>
> Thanks and good luck with your efforts to get work.
>
>      Alan

Alan,
Usually if any one pays USD 1 per hr in India it is good, USD 2 per
hour is handsome,
very rare people pay USD 3 to 4 per hour, but I know some people in
India charge USD 20/25 per line I do not know their hourly rate but as
I know they just run some consultancy and do not do any job.
The people who give in range of USD 1-4/hr also gives some perks like
performance related bonus, housing, medical, etc.
But again rate varies. Delhi/Gurgaon gives highest pay, followed by
Bangalore/Hyderabad, then comes Chennai, Mumbai gives moderate,
Kolkata/Mysore/Bhubaneswar are casual players, they neither have
serious places of work nor any good environment.
In India, lots of development goes on in the government sector but
right now they are paying very high, generally they pay 20-30% lower
than private sector, but job security is there.

Hope this information helps.
Best Regards,
Subhabrata.