IDLE: A cornicopia of mediocrity and obfuscation.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 11:00:26 EST 2011

On Feb 1, 9:26 am, Noah Hall <enali... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 3:14 PM, rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > #-- Embedded Trolls and Minions --#
> > Steven D'Aprano(smart and witty (annoying) troll)
> > Stephan Hansen (controversy troll)
> > Ben Finny (haughty troll)
> > alex23(angry/dangerous troll)
> > Tyler Littlefeild(confused troll)
> > Bryan ? (annoying troll)
> > Corey Richarson
> > Nicholas Devenish
> > Alexander Kapps
> > rusi ?
> > Andre ?
> > Geremy Condra (troll-wagoneer)
> > Ethan Furman
> > Noah Hall
> > Adam Skutt
> > Arndt Rodger Schnieder
> > Mark Roseman (Tkinter's minion)
>
> These people, including myself, aren't trolls nor minions. They just
> don't agree with you.

No they are trolls and they have demonstrated trollish behavior on
many occasions. Some have even threatened to kill me. Can you believe
that? If you will look over my moderate list you will see that many do
not agree with me completely however they express their disagreement
in a moderate way. On the other hand the trolls and flamers just hurl
insults and inflammatory speech. The trolls and flamers don't offer
any argument to back up their statements. They only hurl more
emotional bile.

> And on the topic of IDLE, I agree the coding's not great,

See now you are offering truth in your argument! Keep this up and i'll
move you over to the occasional flamers group. Then over time, if you
can demonstrate an ability to engage in lively discussion based on
facts and not emotion, i *may* even move you into the moderates group.
I believe in every troll there is a rational person just waiting to
break free.

> but I
> disagree with it being a problem for the Python community. I've never,
> ever seen a thread saying "OMG, WHAT DOES THIS IDLE SOURCE CODE
> EXTRACT MEAN? PLEASE HELP,

Thats because even the maintainers of IDLE don't understand completely
how it works. It is a true nightmare of code horror --  of *epic*
proportions!

> I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IDLE, THEREFORE I CAN
> NOT USE Tkinter! I'm leaving Python, Visual Basic's for me from now
> on! NO DAMN IDLE TO MESS UP EVERYTHING, YOU SEE?"

Well this would be expected of an emotionally driven creature. One who
cannot wield the tools of reason and logic. I pity these poor souls
just as i pity the trolls in the troll group. But like they say: When
your at the bottom there is only one direction to go... Strait up!
Sadly some of these folks may be suffering from gimbal lock with their
up vector pointing strait down.