Perl Hacker, Python Initiate

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Feb 2 17:47:10 EST 2011

Gary Chambers <gwchamb at gwcmail.com> writes:

> If you can't make heads or tails of the Perl code, all I'm trying to
> do is loop through some dig output of a DNS zone transfer.

The request to see your Python code was partly because Perl is foreign
here, yes.

But another, more significant reason is: we want to see *your* attempt
at the solution in Python. That will be much more instructive to us of
what it is we need to be talking about.

Please make a small example Python program, that is complete but is not
behaving as you want, and present it here along with a description of
what is wrong from your perspective.

--
 \      “It seems intuitively obvious to me, which means that it might |
  `\                                           be wrong.” —Chris Torek |