IDLE: A cornicopia of mediocrity and obfuscation.

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Thu Feb 3 01:47:19 EST 2011

On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 20:01:11 -0800, alex23 wrote:

> rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:

>> No they are trolls and they have demonstrated trollish behavior on many
>> occasions. Some have even threatened to kill me. Can you believe that?
>
> No. Link or it did not happen.

Ha ha ha ha, did RR actually say that???

How cute, he thinks "kill file" means murder.

Anyway, fun's over... can we all just ignore his childish rants and
trolling? You (generic you, not Alex specifically) are only rewarding him
for bad behaviour with the attention he craves. If you won't do it for
me, do it for your future job prospects. Any future employer who googles
you will see you arguing for *days* with a troll. That isn't saying much
for your ability to distinguish productive from unproductive tasks :/

Hey Rick, back in June 2010 you promised to fork Python and split the
community into the silent majority who support you and the "ivory towers"
who disagree with you. How's that working out for you?

--
Steven