IDLE: A cornicopia of mediocrity and obfuscation.

flebber flebber.crue at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 05:29:18 EST 2011

On Feb 1, 11:38 pm, rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 1, 4:20 am, flebber <flebber.c... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sorry Rick too boring....trying to get bored people to bite at your
> > ultra lame post yawn...........
>
> Well reality and truth both has a tendency to be boring. Why? Well
> because we bathe in them daily. We have come accustomed, acclimated,
> and sadly complacent of the ill state of our stdlib. Yes, boring.
> However we must be aware of these things.

Yes but fixing idle just gives us another editor, there isn't a
shortage of editors. There is a shortage of a common community code
base for an ide framework, logical, reusable and extensible.

For an example of a brilliant beginners "ide" racket has it covered
with DrRacket http://racket-lang.org/ , it has selectable language
levels beginner, intermediate, advanced that allows the learner to
adjust the level of language features available as they learn,
teachpacks are installable to add extra features or options when
completing the tutorials(could easily be adapted to the python
tutorials). If idle is for teaching people to learn python shouldn't
it have the facility to do that?