IDLE: A cornicopia of mediocrity and obfuscation.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 18:01:02 EST 2011

On Feb 4, 12:49 pm, Stephen Hansen <me+list/pyt... at ixokai.io> wrote:
> On 2/4/11 10:34 AM, rantingrick wrote:
>
> > But we need to receive the old idlefork or
> > have them delete the old idle fork as too much confusion will spread
> > with when two idleforks exists.
>
> This is nonsense. And probably just another excuse for you to rant
> instead of actually doing something of any use.

Thats a very *ironic* thing to say Stephan!

> IDLEfork was a specific project which ended.

Exactly. The key word here is ENDED! The changes were rolled back into
Pythons stdlib.

> It doesn't need to be
> "taken over" or "deleted" -- it served its purpose and there's nothing
> wrong with its history being preserved.

history translated: old asss shmit

> Your new idea for a project has
> very different aims and a very different agenda from the idlefork that was.

No, both my idea and the old idea was to improve IDLE. What is so
different about that?

> So name your new project something else. reIDLE, maybe. Or unIDLE. Or
> whatever else.

OK, name yourself something else, like naysayer, gossip-hound, or
troll.

> Put your money where your mouth is.

ditto!