frequency of values in a field

Josh English Joshua.R.English at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 15:08:56 EST 2011

On Wednesday, February 9, 2011 10:34:12 AM UTC-8, noydb wrote:

> How do you add all the records in the particular field of interest
> into long_list?

Sorry to be unclear. In both cases I was tossing out pseudo-code, as I am not familiar with the arggisscripting module. long_list is a list with the records you want, or an iterator that goes through the records. The get_key function does whatever you need it to do to get the key by which you are counting.

 Andreas offers a nice pythonic solution in this thread.

Josh