Problem with giant font sizes in tkinter

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Thu Feb 10 22:13:25 EST 2011

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:35:09 -0800, Paul Rubin wrote:

>> Nevertheless, I'd like to learn how to diagnose these sorts of font
>> issues. Can anyone suggest where I should start?
>
> Is the -140- a font size in points (1 point = 1/72 inch) or something
> like that?  Try a smaller number.

Thanks, but I already know how to make random changes to code until it
works :)

I want to understand what I'm doing and why. Why does the same piece of
code work perfectly fine on one PC, and blow up to the size of a house on
another? This surprises me, particularly since the not-working PC has the
same fonts as the working one (plus extras).

--
Steven