Question on Creating exe file with py2exe

aspineux aspineux at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 15:29:33 EST 2011

Hi

I'm releasing a .exe made with py2exe myself an got this problem too.
99% of the time the required DLL is already installed by another
application and you don't need to care about it.
The 1% is about empty or fresh windows install (server most of the
time)
For them, I provide a link to the M$ vcredist and a warning in my
download page asking them to install it them self.

Take a look at my site for the vcredist link :
http://www.magikmon.com/mksbackup/download.en.html

Regards

Alain