Call to Update All Tutorials to Python3.x Standards.

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sun Feb 13 19:35:16 EST 2011

On 13Feb2011 14:47, rantingrick <rantingrick at gmail.com> wrote:
| On Feb 13, 4:30 pm, Steven D'Aprano <steve
| +comp.lang.pyt... at pearwood.info> wrote:
| > The official stance of the Python development team is that 2.7 and 3.x
| > will co-exist for a long, long time. Removing 2.x tutorials would be
| > cutting off our nose to spite our face.
|
| That is BS Steven and you know it! Of course we are going to support
| 2.x for a long, long, time. Heck we even have downloads available for
| Python1.x. I am talking about TUTORIALS steven, TUTORIALS!

Steven is also talking about tutorials. Perhaps my comprehension skiils
are weak; I am basing my assrtion on his use of the word "tutorials" in
the sentence:

  Removing 2.x tutorials would be cutting off our nose to spite our
  face.

I admit my reading here may be superficial and that you may be seeing a
deeper intent.

[...]
| [...] Stop spreading lies Steven. [...]
| PS: The only troll here is YOU! [...]

I confess to finding these two sentences in your message contradictory.
Again, my poor comprehension skills must be to blame.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

That's just the sort of bloody stupid name they would choose.
        - Reginald Mitchell, designer of the Spitfire