2to3

andrea crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 05:49:52 EST 2011

2011/2/17 Chris Rebert <clp2 at rebertia.com>

> Actually, so long as you specify a bit more specific versions, e.g.:
>
> python2.7 empathy.py
> python3.1 empathy3.py
>
> it should be fine on most *nixes. Windows would of course require a
> separate, but analogous, batch file or similar. As for porting the
> tests themselves, yes, that could be an issue.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris

Well ok the test script doesn't have to be portable at all costs, but I
think it's something that could be solved with zc.buildout for example.

But what about the code itself.
How do I import and execute the right version depending on the python
version on the system?

This can instead probably be done in the setup.py right?
Or maybe I can directly check in the makefile and do some linking tricks..