IMAP4_SSL, libgmail, GMail and corporate firewall/proxy

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Thu Feb 17 09:20:29 EST 2011

Hi Andrea,

Have you tried temporarily turning off your Windows firewall software
and/or any locally installed internet security software like Norton,
Avast, etc? You don't need to turn off your entire security package,
just the component that controls internet access.

If the problem can not be resolved locally, then I believe you need to
contact your IT department to have them create the firewall rules that
will allow you to access gmail services. I'm basing that suggestion on
googling the various error messages (10060, 10061) you received and
reading the answers. That's my interpretation, anyway.

I'm a big fan of your wxPython and GUI builder contributions!!

Regards,
Malcolm