How to use Python well?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Thu Feb 17 17:24:31 EST 2011

In article <slrnilr5lj.15e.grahn+nntp at frailea.sa.invalid>,
 Jorgen Grahn <grahn+nntp at snipabacken.se> wrote:

> - Write user documentation and build/installation scripts. Since I'm
>   on Unix, that means man pages and a Makefile.

Wow, I haven't built a man page in eons.  These days, user documentation
for me means good help text for argparse to use.  If I need something
more than that, I'll write it up in our wiki.

> Anyway, I don't feel bad if I don't find any classes at first.

Same here.  I don't usually find a reason to refactor things into
classes until I've written the second or third line of code :-)

Somewhat more seriously, the big clue for me that I've got a class
hiding in there is when I start having all sorts of globals.  That's
usually a sign you've done something wrong.