Python-os. Command Execution

Ganesh Kumar bugcy013 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 04:44:08 EST 2011

Hi,

I am new to python programing. I have created one small application ,

application developed in python Tkinter GUI, My application having
install button

when user click install, It will start one GUI installation script and
exit my application

This my task.. The problem was the installation script started but
control will be transfered to

other window ... when installation finished the GUI application will be closed..

code:

os.system("ls -l") & root.destroy

when execute a command "ls -l " and application will be closed

But

os.system("top") & root.destroy

Control will the transferred to the other-window, "top" closed means
application will be closed.. plz..help me..

I checked also the command as background process.. like os.system("top
&") & root.destroy

Advance thanks

Regards
Ganesh.