How to use Python well?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Feb 19 18:42:44 EST 2011

Westley Martínez <anikom15 at gmail.com> writes:

> I hate writing HTML, it's a pain in the neck.

So do I. But I hate writing *roff markup even more. So I don't write
either of those formats directly if I can avoid it.

I write my man pages in either Docbook (using an XML editor) or reST (my
default markup format these days), then convert to *roff.

> But anyways, I find it easier to simply type "man sigaction" than to
> search around on google all day for a handful of facts and a truckload
> of opinions

Right. The Unix manual system allows a consistent place for operating
system documentation. That includes, but is not limited to, the commands
to be typed at the command line. Please preserve that consistency by
maintaining man pages for commands.

--
 \        “I installed a skylight in my apartment. The people who live |
  `\                             above me are furious!” —Steven Wright |