How to compile on OS X PPC? was: Re: [RELEASED] Python 3.2

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 22 14:54:27 EST 2011

On 22-02-11 19:57, Benjamin Kaplan wrote:

> Have you tried compiling it with Macports? The port file is too much
> of a mess for me to figure out exactly what is getting called in what
> circumstances, but whatever they're doing probably works.

I have not, and I don't intend to. I figure Python.org's build is not a
macports one, and that it would be enough to have installed the Apple
developer tools (Xcode + toolchain) and use that to build straight from
the tarball. Have been doing that for ages, actually. I don't think I
tried compiling a --enable-framework build before though, because that
seems to be the only thing that's failing now.

Btw: just tried to compile Python 2.7.1 with --enable-framework, it
compiled without error on the powerpc mac.

regards

Irmen de Jong